Jordana Gaumond, MD, FACS
In order to provide the highest quality medical care, I believe care must be individualized to each patient's needs, values, and goals combined with the best medicine has to offer.
Dr. Gaumond completed her Medical Degree and General Surgery residency at Oregon Health & Science University. She then completed a fellowship in Transplantation Surgery at The Ohio State University. She is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. She is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and certified by the American Society of Transplant Surgeons.
She enjoys all aspects of treating patients with surgical needs and in caring for each patient as an individual. Her practice interests include all areas of General Surgery, open and laparoscopic for Cancer and non-Cancer disease processes. Examples of common procedures include, but are not limited to, surgery for diseases of the breast, gallbladder, intestine or colon, kidney, abdominal wall or musculature (hernia), autoimmune disorders, tumors, masses, and cancers.
When she is not practicing surgery, she enjoys outdoor and family activities.
- Fellowship, Abdominal Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, 2008
- Research Fellowship, Transplantation Research Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, Oregon Health & Science University, 2006
- Internship and Residency, General Surgery, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2006
- MD, Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, 2000
- BS, Chemistry, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 1995
- Board Member, The Oregon Clinic
- Hospital Credentials Committee, Providence Portland Medical Center
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2016, 2018, 2019
- Award for Excellence in Teaching, The Ohio State University, 2007-2008
- Teaching Award, Department of Surgery, Oregon Health & Sciences University (OHSU), 2006
- Brauti Scholarship for Academic Excellence, Oregon Health & Sciences University (OHSU), 1998-1999
- Summa Cum Laude, Oregon State University, 1995
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 1995
- Phi Lambda Upsilon Honor Society, 1995
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons