Richard Jamison, MD, FACS
I have been in general surgery practice for over 15 years and am committed to providing the highest quality, appropriate surgical care. I understand and respect the stress associated with meeting a surgeon and discussing a surgical procedure. I will carefully explain, in understandable terms, the procedure, recovery and follow up expectations as well as any potential risks. I encourage patients to have a family member or friend attend the meeting, take notes, and even record the conversation to ensure clear communication. Our surgical group has a leading edge reputation for minimally invasive approaches and our office staff is very well trained to assist patients with all aspects of their care.
Dr. Jamison graduated from Stanford University and later completed his doctorate in medicine at the Mayo Medical School in Rochester, MN. He completed his residency at the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine. Dr. Jamison brings The Oregon Clinic - Gastrointestinal and Minimally Invasive Surgery (GMIS) several honors and awards, including the General Surgery Resident Teacher of the Year award from the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine. He is also a member of the Western Surgical Association and the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons.
- Residency, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, MN, 1998
- MD, Mayo Medical School, Rochester, MN, 1993
- Research, Stanford University, Oxford, England, 1987
- BA, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, 1987
- President, The Oregon Clinic
- General Surgery Resident Teacher of the Year, Department of Surgery, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, 1998
- Howard K. Gray Travel Award for Clinical Excellence, Department of Surgery, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, 1997
- Portland Monthly Magazine, "Top Doctors," 2009, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2018, 2019
- Clinical Professor, Oregon Health & Science University
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Western Surgical Association
- Priestley Society, Association of Mayo Clinic Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Endocrine Surgeons